this blog is a class project, attached to this main japanese language class blog

Sunday, February 20, 2011

What I expect to learn from our podcast project

What I expect to learn from the podcast project in general:

We are working in a group to produce a coherent end product: I expect to learn to work with this particular group, observe in what terms we talk about and plan a communication such as this, and how we make decisions to keep the project on track.

I expect to learn about communicating the message we converge onto with the little vocabulary and grammar skills we currently have in japanese;  non-verbal communication will be important.

I expect to get a whole new view on all the user-generated videos that litter the internets: we are gaining the point of view of those who produced them by producing one ourselves.

I expect to learn about recording and editing of video and sound.


What I expect to learn from the particular podcast project we intend to produce:

We are producing a podcast that tries to shed light on the peculiarities of american food culture; hopefully we will uncover aspects of american culture which are remarkable but not obvious to americans themselves, and which might be enlightening for a japanese audience.

I expect to learn about american culture and our own perception of it, of what we think its characteristics and peculiarities are, through the podcast production process and possibly through viewer feedback once the podcast is posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment